Friday, September 21, 2012

Shall. We. Play. A. Game.

  Games, glorious games.
So I hit my $200 goal for the marathon over at Extra Life and as I said, I'm going to post some of the games we'll be playing.

Starting in the lower left and heading around the table clockwise we have Castle Panic it's a cooperative tower defense game where the players work together to stop a horde of orcs and goblins from destroying their castle located in the center of the board. It's a quick easy game and lots of fun.

Next, if the phrase, "blue warrior needs food badly," means anything to you, then you'll love Super Dungeon Explore and even if the phrase means nothing, you'll still have a good time. SDE is a recreation of old 16 bit dungeon crawler video games where a party of heroes must destroy the evil overlords (called Dark Consul) creature generators before the mini boss and boss monsters appear. Great fun, also cooperative.

After that is a game I picked up this year at Gencon, the best four days in gaming, it's called Dungeon Run a fun competitive game of friendship, loyalty, bravery, courage, and then you stab your buddy in the back grab the treasure and run for the entrance before anyone can kill you and take it for them selves.

In the top center we have Conquest of Planet Earth competitive game where players are different alien races trying to enslave mankind and take over the Earth. Great time, and I'm looking forward to the expansion that takes the game to 6 players.

After that is Risk Legacy a game that takes classic Risk and turns it on it's side, as you play your decisions and events you make will have lasting consequences for future games, whether it's to fortify New York, found your own city, or Nuke Greenland back to the stone-age. Everything you do effects future games. Plus 2 words BEAR CAVALRY. I have not played it yet, but I'm chomping at the bit to get a game in.

Also from Gencon, the best four days in gaming,(I have to say it it's the law) is Smash Up a game where you take two things and put them together then break a whole lot of shit. My favorites are Ninja Dinosaurs, Zombie Robots, and Pirate Wizards. Of course you could have Zombie Pirates, Ninja Martians, or Wizard Tricksters. Honestly I could go on for days.

Finally, the big dog of the day, Last Night on Earth a game of 1950's zombie invasion. A small town is over run and it's up to the likes of the sheriff, the priest, the jock, the prom queen, and the bag boy to stop them or just survive the night. Some will live, some will die, some will come back as zombies. One of my all time favorite games, and if we get enough people we may even try the awesome sounding 8 hero version. twice the missions, twice the zombies, twice the blood.

A couple of games not pictured are Puzzle Strike, and 7 Wonders, because I don't have them yet. Also, because i have to ask friends to bring or loan; Descent, Cards against Humanity and Ticket to Ride,

We may play them all or only 1 or 2 but at least we'll have options. Wish me luck thanks to every one who has donated and every one who will. I promise to try and post photos during the day, starting at 8:00 A.M. when I'm fairly certain I will be by myself playing Diablo III

So what do you think? Any games you'd like to suggest? Head on over to my facebook page and leave a comment or post one below.

No comments:

Post a Comment