Monday, January 21, 2013

Ode to Piñata


Hey all, Well here we go another week has gone by and we have another poem up on the old blog here. I'm not entirely sure what made me write this the way I did but I thought it was kind of festive and poppy. I hope you all enjoy it.

Viva Piñata

Now the day has finally here
That very special time of year
A paper donkey that we hang so high
Pretty colors against a pale blue sky
Viva Piñata
Viva Piñata
Filled with candy and lots of toys
Fun for all the of girls and boys
Close your eyes so you cannot see
Spin and wonder where it can be
Viva Piñata
Viva Piñata
Swing a bat at the festive beast
Open it to release the feast
Jump and play and have some fun
Children will shout when the game is done
Viva Piñata
Viva Piñata
The treats have fallen and the kiddies stuffed
The fun is over and we’ve had enough
But we wait again for another day
When the piñata returns and we can say
Viva Piñata
Viva Piñata

Well what did you think? if you get a chance leave a comment below or head on over to my facebook page where you can leave a note or vote on the topic of next weeks poem. I'd love to hear what you all have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment