Monday, April 15, 2013

Poetry with Molly


Hey all, I know I didn't post a vote for this weeks topic but I had a good reason. After doing the abcdarium last week I thought it would be a fun project for me and my 5 year old niece Molly to write a poem together. So I picked another topic and decided on healthy fruits and vegetables. We used a couple of different websites and looking at pictures and names Molly picked all of the things from today's poem. She even came up with the name. And without further ado, I give you...

Fruit Salad
A is for apple, red and delicious
B is for butternut squash, it’s a gourd
C is for carrot, good for your eyes
D is for date, monkeys enjoy them
E is for eggplant because it is purple
F is for fennel, leafy and good
G is for grapes, red and green
H is for haricot melon, yellow and round
I is for iceberg lettuce, so good in salad
J is for Jerusalem artichoke, green and spiny
K is for kiwi, fuzzy and small
L is for lemon, small and sour
M is for melon, huge and sweet
N is for nut, salty and good
O is for oranges that are good for lunch
P is for pumpkin, so fun on Halloween
Q is for quince which looks really scary
R is for raisins that come from California
S is for strawberry the best kind of milkshake
T is for tomato, a burgers best friend
U is for ugli fruit which is really cute
V is for Victoria plum, from England We’re told
W is for watermelon, great with a sledge
X is for xigua, it’s Chinese
Y is for yam, eaten on Thanksgiving
Z is for zucchini, nicely fried


So what did you all think? Was it fun, interesting, or even just quirky? Was it an inspired idea or am I violating several child labor laws? Head on over to facebook and let me know. Also let me know if you'd like to see more poetry with Molly, I won't do it every week but if folks like it, and Molly wants to help again, we might put out one every few months. Till next time I leave you with Molly's own typing.

apple     molly      mom      dad

No comments:

Post a Comment