Monday, May 13, 2013

Ode to Mothers


Hey all, it's time for another poem, and honestly being Mothers Day I'd be surprised if no one saw this coming.

Here's my poem for Moms everywhere.

Mom
I remember a childhood of warmth and love
I remember being hugged
Kissed
Rocked
And taught

I remember the healing touch of love
I remember kissed scrapes
A broken leg
A bloody forehead
A cut hand
And the tender mercies that helped to patch them

I remember great levels of forgiveness
I remember broken dishes
Shattered glasses
Broken windows
And screaming I hate you over some forgotten slight
Mostly I remember the words,
“I love you”

And in the end
I remember that the most


SO I hope you all have a great Mothers day, let me know if you got to spend time with your Mom, either leave a comment below or head on over to facebook and say something there.

No comments:

Post a Comment