Friday, December 13, 2013

The continuing adventures of J P Nussbaum 16

I’m afraid. The wheels have fallen off and we’ve jumped the rails. There is no longer any doubt our lives are in danger. With everything that’s been happening I was worried that we were in over our heads, and now…I’m worried I won’t see tomorrow. Yesterday everything came to a head.

This week was mostly quiet, nothing out of the ordinary had happened until yesterday afternoon. I was at home when the door burst in and, let’s say, a more experienced English gentleman entered. He was cracked and scarred, dressed all in black. He had a damp patch on his side, I would later learn was blood, his blood. He carried a sig in one hand and a bloody knife in the other. He yelled at me to grab what I needed and get moving.

I was stunned at first. I wasn’t sure what to do. He yelled again, and Started grabbing some things from my desk. He told me we didn’t have much time and we needed to get moving. I just started following him, I’m not sure why. I think it was because he exuded so much confidence and control. I grabbed a few things, some clothes and my laptop. I started to pick up my cell phone and he grabbed it from me and smashed it against the wall.

When we ran outside there were a dozen men, dead men, on my lawn. I was hustled into a van, and we left for safer places. We spent the rest of the day gathering my friends and our families. Our families were moved to safer places, scattered for their own protection, even I don’t know where they are. The lot of us: myself, Keith, Mike, Mark, and Jeeves, the mysterious gentleman, are headed out of town. We’re driving now, as I write this. I’ll post it as soon as we get near an internet hub. If I get a chance.

If I never post this and someone finds it. Whoever you are, I ask you a favor, please tell my family I love them. Tell them I’m sorry.


To Stephen Mayne,

I’ll be fast, we’re lost. We hired a small dual engine and flew for Spain. The pilot, betrayed us. I’m not sure when or how he was hired, but as we slept he changed course. We didn’t know, and at some point the bailed out of the plane. I was woken by Beth, shaking everyone. We weren’t sure how long the pilot had been gone.

We were low on fuel and flying over a jungle. Christina managed to land the plane on fumes and prayers. Thankfully, she had spent five months flying with the Blue Angels in the States. We’re down now and trying to find a way home. Our satellite phone isn’t receiving, I’m not even sure it’s transmitting at this point. Our GPS is shot, we can’t call for help, and have very little idea of where we are.

I’m attempting to transmit this in hopes you get it.

God help us.

Your friend
J.P. Nussbaum

Let me know what you think, I'm always interested in the opinions of the reader, good or bad. You can either leave a comment below or on facebook. You can also follow me on twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment