Friday, December 20, 2013

The continuing adventures of J P Nussbaum 17

The last week has been odd, we’ve not stayed anywhere more than two nights. We switch cars as often as possible. We try to use cash whenever possible. We using a series of internet café’s and dead drops to communicate with family and friends. Even I’m not sure where we are anymore.

Last night we drove from our hotel sometime after midnight. I think we may have left Ohio, or maybe not. In all my travels I have learned that the Midwest looks surprisingly similar no matter which part you are in.

There is some good news, I spoke at length with Jeeves, the Nussbaum family butler. He served with my grandfather during World War II. We spent some time telling each other stories about him.

In all of this, in all our precautions we were still attacked by two men just yesterday. Jeeves dispatched them, but we still are unsure how they found us. Jeeves has told us that getting supplies will be a bit of a hardship, since he’s unsure of how secure the families usual contacts are.

We sat talking for a long moment and finally narrowed it down to a few things we would need. Keith joked, “So all we need is: lawyers, guns, and money.”

Which gave Mark a rather good idea. I’ll not say what here, as we’re no longer certain who is reading. Hopefully, Marks idea will work.

If I never post this and someone finds it. Whoever you are, I ask you a favor, please tell my family I love them. Tell them I’m sorry.


To Stephen Mayne,

I hope these messages are reaching you. I hope they’re reaching someone.

We have hiked through the jungle for the past few days. The trip has been harsh and unforgiving. We’ve crossed rivers, climbed a small mountain, and faced wild beasts in the night. A few days ago a search plane started doing circles over our area. We haven’t tried to signal it, because we simply do not know who is flying the damn thing.

Perhaps we’re just stricken with paranoia, but I fear it may simply just be caution.

A few days ago we had a small amount of luck. We found a outpost manned by smugglers. We’ve watched them since then and seen no amount of unsavory dealings: drugs, guns, and this morning they brought in children.

We’ve decide we can wait no longer. We’re going in. This may be the last time I ever contact you. If it is, thank you for all you’ve done.

God help us.
Your friend
J.P. Nussbaum

Let me know what you think, I'm always interested in the opinions of the reader, good or bad. You can either leave a comment below or on facebook. You can also follow me on twitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment