Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Continuing Adventures of J P Nussbaum 20

This is the latest installment of the J.P. Nussbaum adventures, if you'd like to check them out from the beginning head here.

I don’t know what to do now. We haven’t heard from JP or anyone else in his group; Jeeves feels that this may be the end. We’re no longer certain if what we’re doing matters. The only thing keeping us going is that we were attacked earlier this week. It was a sudden attack; a group of street punks opened up on us while we were walking to dinner. We weren’t even in a particularly large city.

It’s a small Midwest town and we had decided to walk to a nearby diner to grab something to eat. They were driving past in an old beater car when they started. The first few shots were poorly aimed; they tore concrete and ripped into the building behind us. We only had a few hand guns; nothing of any particularly impressive weight. Jeeves yelled at us to get to cover and we ran towards the nearest car. There hadn’t been anything parked on the street, but there was a parking lot maybe thirty feet in front of us. We ran. I think Keith fired as we moved to the relative safety of the cars.

Windows exploded around us. I heard Mike cry out as a round tore through his leg. Jeeves grabbed him and drug him the last few feet. At this point the gunmen, five in all, were pouring out of the car and firing at us as they did. One of them managed to shoot his own friend in the back as he climbed out of the car shooting without aiming. We started firing back; some of them took cover behind their car while some stood in the middle of the street.

In the end we managed to take one of them alive. He told us they had spotted us earlier that day when we stopped for gas. It turns out there’s a wanted post circulating on a thing called the dark net about us. There are some pretty good descriptions of each of us a fairly accurate layout of our travel plans. There are even a few pictures of us. I’m not sure what to make of this. On the upside, we now know how to get into the dark net and follow our own progress.

Hopefully, we’ll find out what happened to JP. Maybe he’s still out there and just can’t reach us. I hope he’s okay.

As always, whoever you are, I ask you a favor; please tell my family I love them. Tell them I’m sorry.



Let me know what you think, I'm always interested in the opinions of the reader, good or bad. Also, what do you think happened to JP, I already know but I'm curious what you think. You can either leave a comment below or on facebook. You can also follow me on twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment