Thursday, March 31, 2016

March Painting, Final Results

The end of the month has arrived and I have not made my goal. I won’t lie, while disappointed, I’m not surprised. I came very close and encourage you to check out my finished models and works-in-progress over at Instagram. I’m proud of the work I’ve done and anxious to finish the few pieces I have left.
Of course this also means I haven’t played my marathon of games in an attempt to advance through the campaign. I have a couple of interested parties but two things factored into my ability to hold a day of gaming. First, I wasn’t finished painting. To be fair I might have considered playing with some unfinished or unstarted figures but then something else happened; Easter. I was actually unaware that Easter was in March this year. As such, the last week of March ended up being so busy I fell off of my painting and hit the inevitable wall of people doing family things for the holiday.
I’m sad I din’t finish the challenge this month, but I’m happy I tried. In the end, I think that’s what this entire project is for. I will continue to try new things. I wil lkeep challenging myself to new highs and harder goals. For April I have a tournament coming up. It’s a road trip and while I’ve already taken part in a tournament that I’ve written about this year, I may try and do something new for this one. Maybe, play a faction I haven’t used except for some pickup games. Maybe instead of the Guild I’ll play Ressers, or even Gremlins. I don’t know yet. I just know I’ll enjoy the challenge.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that you should be proud even though you didn't reach the goal. You still got a lot more done than you would have otherwise, and that's what goals are for. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Thanks for the kind, supportive words.

      Delete