Sunday, August 6, 2017

RPG a Day 2017 Question 6

What is RPGaDay2017?
I’ll link here to the actual group. Basically, it’s a series of questions that you can answer. There are 31 questions that you can answer to help shine a light on the different reasons people play role-play games. This is my answer to the 6th question. For my full list of answers check here.

Question #6: You can game every day of the week. Describe what you’d do.

The only way I can imagine this happening is at a convention. This may not be how anyone else answers the question, but I’m going to assume a con. I’ll even be specific and assume GenCon.
I would try and play in Brendan LaSalle’s X-Crawl, hopefully twice. He usually runs once at the Ram with Kentucky Fried Gaming and then has a Crawl he runs over the course of the con. I’d also try and add at least one session of Through the Breach in there somewhere. I’d do a day or two of a living campaign. I think they’re amazing and love the hell out of them. I would try to sign up for a few new things that I’ve gotten interested in for at least one day, I’m really into the new Star Trek Adventures, Dread, and Misspent Youth. I would spend one day playing in a Malifaux tournament, it’s not an RPG, but it’s what I’d play. I would spend a day playing board games. Some of this would change on when I would be able to spend time playing with friends.
I am going to throw out what would happen if not at a con. Mostly because that last line is the one that matters. I would have to have friends available. I think it would look very similar. Some board games, some Malifaux, and some RPG’s most likely X-Crawl and Through the Breach if I’m running and probably Sword & Wizardry and Age of Rebellion when I’m not.

Ultimately, if I get to play for an entire week, I just hope I get to spend a lot of it with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment