Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Ode to Trampolines


Well, this week we have a poem about the joy and freedom found on the trampoline. I've never really been on a trampoline, at least not that I can remember. I think it must have happened at one point, and yet my memory remains completely blank.

Touch the Sky

Springs and fabric such a simple combination
Sending us ever upwards into the cotton spotted azure sky
The breeze gently kissing the souls our feet
Giving lift to hawk like dreams of spanning vistas
The world tumbles as we spin up becomes down
Blessed gravity reminding us of our limits
Spring
The universe opens it’s star filled arms to embrace our hopes
A distant horizon becomes like an old friend
Spread your arms to encompass the global possibilities
Curling into a ball like a babe fresh from the womb
The feel of the Earth pulling us back to the waking world
Spring


Well I hope you all enjoyed my little tale of flight no matter how brief. I'd love to hear your opinions, so please leave a comment below or head on over to my facebook page and leave something there.

No comments:

Post a Comment