Saturday, November 2, 2013

The continuing adventures of J P Nussbaum 11

It’s been an odd week. My friend Mike found a virus on his computer. While this isn’t to odd in this day and age, especially with the near Bond-villain level of security Mike has on his computer. (We joke that the NSA sends him letters asking him to knock it off.) It was only really interesting because Mike found the exact same virus on my, Keith, and Marks computers. This isn’t odd either since we all e-mail one another and any one of us could have picked it up from somewhere and sent it along to the others.

What makes it odd is that when Mike started following the virus to see what it did and if it transmitted anything anywhere, it deleted itself from all of our computers. Mike had made some progress with it though. He discovered the virus was transmitting some information to an outside server. What was unusual about this was that it wasn’t looking at passwords or personal information, it was entirely focused on word documents and blog entries.

Further, he was able to track the virus’ route. He’s been able to do this before, I’ll have to find my photo’s of our road trip to Fort Wayne to “talk” to the fellow who stole his mother-in-laws banking information. Typically, when someone sets up a series of information relays they only use three or four. There’s the occasional jump to seven for the really paranoid. Mike followed this path through fifteen relays before he was discovered and the system shut down.

As for the letter I received this week, I’m interested to see what happens next. Interested is the wrong word.

If what happens next is what I think happens next…

I’m very sorry. I don’t know how to tell you about any of this. At this point, I’m not certain what to say that might help. I wish there had been a better way for you to find out. This is never the way to learn.



Dearest Mother,

We have had a breakthrough, a sad an unfortunate breakthrough. Earlier this week were able to capture one of Schuler’s men. We noticed that one of his people would go out every day and make a pickup. We watched the route they would take and then when we felt our time was right we would grab him.

It happened earlier today. We were able to grab the fellow and take him back to our safe house. We were going to wait another day or so before putting our plan into action, but something occurred when Christina and I went to see her contact.

He is a boisterous man named Omar, called the Opal Hippo. I asked him why he was called that and he laughed and slapped me on the back. Our meeting was interesting, even Christina was a bit worried about it. When we arrived he told Christina he knew as soon as he’d read the she was coming to Egypt that he would be receiving her call.

He regaled us with stories of what had happened to us for the last few months. He spoke of Doctor Cavallaro and Maria. He knew about Giorgio, Franco, and Schuler. He talked about our fleeing Italy. He knew everything. When pushed for details he spoke of a website that has been posting everything. Some young man named Main is posting our information. I’m not sure what to make of this.

He showed us the website, some sort of blog. We haven’t had time to check the entire site, but we’ve decide to move forward and find out later.

As always, my love.
Your youngest son
J. P. Nussbaum

Let me know what you think, I'm always interested in the opinions of the reader, good or bad. You can either leave a comment below or on facebook. You can also follow me on twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment