Monday, January 28, 2013

Ode to Fred the Dog


Hey all, Here's a quick poem inspired by the unsung hero of one of my favorite movies. It's an exciting little film called "Smokey & the Bandit". As a kid I've always loved fun, buddy, action, car movies. Amongst them, "Gumball Rally," "Cannonball Run," and "Grand Theft Auto." I was such a huge fan of these films when the first GTA game came out I thought it was based on the movie, then I played it. Of all these films, and so many others, "Smokey & the Bandit" was always my favorite. I think a large part of that was how close Snowman and Bandit were and how much they did for each other. I still watch the movie whenever I can, and sometimes will plug it in just to have a good laugh. The following poem topic was suggested by a voter and went on to victory, so I give you the epic adventure of Cleetus and Bo from the view point of Cleetus' faithful companion, Fred the dog.

28 Hours to Go

I got in a truck in Georgia
Woke up in Mississippi
Met a girl at a lake with a cheeseburger
Went for a swim
Took a nap until Texarkana
Where we picked up some beer
Went back to sleep until Alabama
Bit a biker on the leg
He tasted awful
Slept again until back in Georgia
Got to go down to a fair
Rode away with cheeseburger girl
In car that was one big window
It was a good day
I wonder now
What is clam chowder
Zzzzzzzz




I hope you all enjoyed it, And if you haven't gotten a chance to check out "Smokey & the Bandit." It's the reason the Trans-Am is as cool as it is. After that tell me what you think, of the poem, the movie, or just friends and road trips (legal or not) in general. You can leave your comments below or head on over to facebook and find me there.

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy Smokey and the bandit. The first will always be the best though.

    ReplyDelete