Tuesday, August 31, 2021

RPG a Day #31 Thank

 

I’ve taken part in the #RPGaDay writing prompts for 2021. The idea was that there’s a prompt every day that asked you to write about something in RPG’s you really like. There were a couple of alternate prompts offered but I tried to do the main one every day. If you want to check it out for yourself, you can head here for the calendar for this year.



For the final day of RPG a Day I’m going to thank my parents. Not only did they get me into role playing games they supported me in my playing of them. They encouraged me as well.

They bought me my first D&D set in the late 70’s early 80’s at the height of the Satanic Panic. That was when there was a strong pushback against D&D by a select group of parents. My parents didn’t care; at least as far as I knew. They saw that the books were a genre I enjoyed, got me to read, do math, and use my imagination. I think D&D made me a better reader, student, and writer. I owe that to my parents.

They also put up with my friends and I. When I was in high school we started playing D&D on a regular basis. Once a month or so we took over my family’s dining room and would argue constantly. My family thought D&D was mostly yelling at one another for several hours. We’ve gotten much better, I don’t think we yell nearly as much as we once did.

That’s it…RPG a Day 2021 is now finished. I’m going to miss this. I’ll see you all next year.

Until then, stay safe and be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment